The Human Factors and Error Management (CAAS M09) course is a comprehensive course designed for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and Human Resource Personnel who intend to sit for the CAAS M09 examination.
Human Factors and Error Management (CAAS M09) course is an either 3 days or 6 nights short course that meets the requirements of CAAS L12 basic papers.
Trainers, Engineers and Managers are recommended for this course. It is beneficial for executives and managers involved in Human Factors policy implementation in the aerospace industry.
This is an either 3 days or 6 nights short course that is created for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers and Human Resource Personnel who intend to sit for the CAAS M09 examination. This course teaches executives and managers the method of implementing Human Factors policy in the aerospace industry.
The following modules will be delivered during the three days or six nights of Human Factors and Error Management (CAAS M09) course:
1. Introduction: The Need to Take Human Factors into Account, Incidents and Accidents, Attributable to Human Factors/Human Error, Murphy’s Law
2. Human Performance & Limitations: Human Performance as Part of the Maintenance Engineering System, Vision, Hearing, Information Processing, Claustrophobia, Physical Access and Fear of Heights
3. Social Psychology: The Social Environment, Responsibility: Individual & Group, Motivation & De-Motivation, Peer Pressure, Culture Issues, Team Working, Management, Supervision & Leadership, Maintenance Resource Management (MRM)
4. Factors Affecting Performance: Fitness & Health, Stress: Domestic & Work Related, Time Pressure & Deadlines, Workload – Overload and Underload, Sleep, Fatigue and Shift Work, Alcohol, Medication & Drug Abuse
5. Physical Environment: Noise, Fumes, Illumination, Climate and Temperature, Motion & Vibration, Confined Spaces, Working Environment
6. Tasks: Physical Work, Repetitive Tasks, Visual Inspection, Complex Systems
7. Communication: Within & Between Teams, Work Logging & Recording, Keeping Up-to-Date, Currency, Dissemination of Information
8. Human Error: Error models & Theories, Types of Error in Maintenance Tasks, Implications of Errors (i.e. Accidents), Avoiding & Managing Errors
9. Hazards in the Workplace: Recognising & Avoiding Hazards
Student – Lecturer Ratio
The ratio of Lecturer to Students is 1:32 for theory classes
Learning And Teaching Methods
All classes will be taught by lectures.
Ability to communicate in spoken and written English is required.
Upon successful completion of courses. Participants will be awarded the ‘Certificate of Attendance’ by Air Transport Training College
Short course : 3 Days of Lectures (Approximately 24 hours) – 9.00am to 5.00pm
Short course : 6 Nights of Lectures (Approximately 24 hours) – 7.00pm to 10.00pm (Classes are conducted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the evening)
The fee is SGD850 per participant – There is a 5% discount for members of SIAE.
SGD80 for M09 CAAS Examination (Candidates need to apply to CAAS directly through the CAAS online Exam Registration Site)
ALL FEES QUOTED ABOVE EXCLUDE GST
CAAS Examination Fees
SGD80 for CAAS Examination (Candidates need to apply to CAAS directly through the CAAS online Examination Registration Site)
Human Factors and Error Management (CAAS M09) course is eligible for SkillsConnect Training Grant (Applicable to company sponsored applicants who are Singaporeans or Singapore PR only). For more information on the Training Grant, please log on to the SkillsConnect website
The information provided are the most current at the point of publishing and may be subject to changes. ATTC has the right to make changes to course fees, course syllabus, duration and admission requirements without notice.