This is an expense reimbursement plan that helps to reduce your financial burden in event of you being hospitalised. We will reimburse the following eligible expenses incurred according to the limits set out in the Benefits Schedule.
Key Product Provisions
The following are some key provisions found in the policy contract of this plan. This is only a brief summary and you are advised to refer to the actual terms and conditions in the policy. Please consult AEGIS Insurance Services Pte Ltd or your Private Education Institution should you require further explanation.
Members’ Eligibility for Coverage
The entry age of the Insured Member must not exceed 65 years at next birthday.
Premium payable for this coverage are not guaranteed and may be increased at policy renewal at the full discretion of the insurance company
There are no deductibles for this plan.
Pro-Ration Factors/ Co-Insurance
A pro-ration factor is applied if you are hospitalised :
(a) in a ward higher than that specified in the Benefits Schedule in Singapore Government / Singapore Government Restructured Hospital
(b) in a private hospital in Singapore
* Reasonable & Customary Charges applies if you are hospitalized in a hospital outside Singapore.
*This is defined as the general level of charges applicable in Singapore when furnishing similar or comparable treatment, services or supplies to individuals of the same sex and comparable age, for
similar disease or injury. The benefits payable under this plan shall be the lower of the Reasonable and Customary Charges in Singapore or those in the foreign country in which you seek similar medical treatment.
Cover does not apply:
1) when you travel expressly for treatment outside Singapore.
2) when you are out of Singapore for a period exceeding ninety (90) consecutive days at a time
Minimum Period of Confinement
For day surgery cases, there are no minimum hours to be eligible for claim. However, for non surgical admissions, when you are charged for a full day room and board, you can submit the claim for assessment.
There are certain conditions under which no benefits will be payable. These are stated as exclusions in the policy. You are advised to read the policy contract for the full list of exclusions.
- All pre-existing conditions.
- Any period of hospital confinement unless the entire confinement and all the special hospital services so rendered and performed had been recommended and approved by a Physician and in accordance with the diagnosis and treatment of the condition for which the hospital confinement was required.
- Hospitalisation primarily for diagnosis, x-ray examinations, general physical or medical check-up, routine physical examinations, health check-ups or any other tests where there is no objective indication of impairment of normal health or any treatment of a preventive nature including
vaccinations, acupuncture, or any treatment which is not medically necessary.
- Charges for telephone, television, radio, newspaper, guests’ meals and other ineligible nonmedical items whilst confined as an Inpatient or for Day Surgery.
- Outpatient treatment, dental care and its related treatment except as specifically Covered under this Policy.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, abortion, miscarriage, infertility and all complications arising therefrom except as specifically covered under this Policy.
- Investigations into and treatment of infertility, surgical, mechanical or chemical contraceptive methods of birth control, assisted reproduction, sterilisation (or its reversal) or any consequence of any treatment for them.
- Treatment of varicocele, impotence or any consequence of it.
- Sickness or disease directly or indirectly arising from sexually transmitted disease, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), any AIDS related condition, or infection by Human Immune-Deficiency Virus (HIV).
- Treatment which arises from, or is in any way attributable to, sex change.
- Costs arising under any legislation or covered under any corresponding insurance relating to occupational death, injury, or Illness.
- Treatment for congenital conditions and any physical birth defects arising out of or resulting therefrom.
- Non-hospital nursing care or ambulatory care, rest cures or sanitaria care, treatment arising from any geriatric, psycho geriatric or psychiatric condition, and treatment of alcohol dependence syndrome or substance abuse.
- Suicide or attempted suicide, self-inflicted injuries or any attempt thereat while sane or insane.
- Circumcision unless medically necessary, eye tests, refractive errors of the eyes, provision of implants, medical appliances and prosthetic devices, including spectacles, hearing aids, wheelchairs and lenses.
- Sickness or injury arising from racing of any kind (except on foot), professional sports, parachuting, skydiving, hang gliding, bungee jumping and violation or any attempt of violation of the law or resistance to lawful arrest.
- Flying or other aerial activity except as a fare-paying passenger in a fully licensed aircraft operated by a licensed commercial air carrier or recognised charter company.
- Treatment arising from any consequence (whether direct or indirect) of nuclear or chemical contamination, war, invasion, losses by terrorist acts using chemical/biological substances, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion, revolution, direct
participation in riot, strike and civil commotion, insurrection or military or usurped power, or active duty in any of the armed forces
- The use, or any treatment arising therefrom, of any drugs not licensed by an official governmental control agency of the country in which the drug is given, or drugs used in any circumstances other than in accordance with their licensed indications.
- Experimental medical treatment.
- Any treatment directed towards developmental delay and / or learning disabilities in children.
- Cosmetic (aesthetic) or plastic surgery or treatment, or any treatment which relates to or is needed because of previous cosmetic treatment, provided that this exclusion does not apply to reconstructive surgery if:
(a) it is carried out to restore function or appearance after an Accident or following Surgery for a medical condition, (provided that the Accident or Surgery occurred while the Insured Person was Covered under this Policy); and
(b) it is done at a medically appropriate stage after the Accident or Surgery; and
(c) the cost of the treatment is approved by us in writing before it is done.
- The removal of fat or surplus tissue from any part of the body whether or not it is needed for medical or psychological reasons, treatment of obesity, weight reduction or weight improvement.
- Sleep apnoea.
Termination of Insured Member’s Cover
There are other circumstances whereby the cover of the Insured Member will terminate.
- Insured Member attains age 65 years;
- Insured Member ceases to be a student with the school;
- Insured Member dies
- Insured Member’s maximum policy limits have been exhausted.
Please log onto following website for more information: http://www.aegisic.com
AEGIS Insurance Services Pte Ltd
Tel: (+65) 6837 0306
Email : [email protected]
AXA Insurance Singapore Emergency Hotline : 1800 8804 741
Insured Members are to submit the following documents to us within 30 days from the date of discharge from hospitalisation, from the date of death or from the date expenses were incurred for which the claim is made, whichever is applicable:
- Duly Completed Claim Form
- A copy of the Inpatient Discharge Summary given to patient upon discharge
- A copy of the Day Surgery Authorization Form signed by the patient before surgery
- A copy of the Referral Letter, if any
- Final Original Hospital Bill showing the Medisave deduction
- Original Pre/Post Hospitalisation Medical Bills
- Duly Completed Claim Form
- Medical Certification of Treatment to be completed by the attending physician/surgeon
- A copy of Referral Letter if any
- Final Original Detailed Hospital Bills
- All Other Original Medical Bills related to admission/surgery